Adriana here! Today we’re going to dive into content writing, and how to create fun, engaging, and exciting content for your blog.
As content creators, sometimes knowing what to write about can be one of the biggest challenges that we face. When it comes to finding ways to be consistent in creating interesting and unique content for our readers, it can often be tricky. One thing’s for sure though; you want to always be certain that the content you’re writing is something that your audience can easily engage with, relate to, and learn more about you from. The key to being a great content writer is being able to let your voice shine through within all of your writing. Being personal and relatable with your readers is one of the best ways to connect with them!
Some of my favorite articles or blog posts to read are the ones where you can see the writer’s true and genuine personality shine through within their words. Usually by the use of funny puns, witty jokes, real-life circumstances, or relatable issues. At the end of the day, it all comes down to how you present your content and how you share it with others. (There’s an art form to how you present your content to your readers. Mastering your flow is what will keep them engaged and coming back for more.) Whether you’re sharing style inspiration, workout routines, or a delicious recipe… keeping your writing light and fun, easy to digest, and relatable will make your followers excited to continue to read more content from you.
“The key to being a great
content writer is being able
to let your voice shine through
within all of your writing.”
We’re going to look at three different steps below, on how to best set yourself up for success when you’re ready to begin writing amazing content for your blog. These three steps have helped me to form relatable and fun content for my site, and I hope they’ll help you as well!
Create a CONTENT BUCKET of Categories and Ideas to Choose From
CATEGORIES + EXAMPLES INCLUDE:
- Lifestyle: favorite books of the month, organizing, ten best date night spots
- Travel: city guides, favorite destinations, best honeymoon locations
- Beauty: favorite products, tutorials, what’s in your makeup bag
- Food & Drinks: healthy meals for the week, recipes, easy winter cocktails
- Thought Pieces/Advice: current events, reader advice/tips, opinion pieces
- Fitness/Wellness: favorite workouts, class or studio reviews, etc.…
- Style: looks for the office, one piece two ways, favorite spring styles
Have a Content Posting Schedule for Each Day/Week/Month:
- Monday: style related posts
- Tuesday: food posts – recipes, snacks to try, etc.…
- Wednesday: another style or lifestyle post
- Thursday: wellness related posts – workouts, healthy eating, etc.…
- Friday: weekly favorites, thought pieces, weekend reading
- Bonus points if you use one of our content calendars to plan your upcoming content! You can also learn more about creating your own here: “How To Create a Content Calendar”
*PLANOLY Pro Tip – Another great way to stay inspired when creating fresh blog content, is by coming up with a fun theme for a certain day of the week. For example: Wellness Wednesday, Friday Favorites, etc.… this will keep your readers excited to see the latest post in a specific series!
Gather Inspiration for Fresh Content Via the Following Outlets:
- Pinterest, books, other articles, websites, or favorite movies and shows
- Poll your readers/followers on Instagram for fresh content ideas
- Ask friends and family what they’d like to see more of on your blog
- Use the Q&A feature on IG Stories to see what your follower’s interests are
*PLANOLY Pro Tip – One of the best ways to create blog content is by polling your readers for suggestions on what they’d like to see from you. After all, they are your primary audience and catering your writing to them will only lead to more reader engagement and a stronger relationship with them.
For more ways in which you can maximize your blog content, be sure to check out our previous posts on content creating over on the blog.