Visual consistency is one of the most important keys to maintaining your brand identity; not just for Instagram, but for all social channels that incorporate your brand’s visuals. While Instagram is one of the most powerful social channels to grow your brand presence, it’s also important to diversify your channels and amplify your audience wherever it pertains to your target demographic.
In our last webinar, Priscilla and Adriana chatted on how to cohesively fine-tune your visual strategy and tailor your social strategy for Pinterest and Instagram, so you’re set for success. Keep reading their key highlights and takeaways from the webinar, and make sure to watch the full webinar below too!
“Visual consistency is one
of the most important
keys to maintaining
your brand identity.”
Tips for Creating a Cohesive for Pinterest and Instagram Strategy
It’s important to note that the content you put on your social channels should be cohesive, but that doesn’t mean it has to be identical. Let’s not get lazy. Each platform has ways in which content is best served, so make sure you’re creating and preparing your content for each individual platform.
Here are a few keys to pay attention to for each platform:
Keys to Ensuring a Visual Strategy is Cohesive Throughout all Platforms
- Aligns with brand guidelines
Strategizing for Pinterest
- Ensure you’re using the right keywords and copy in your post titles and descriptions
- Setting your images correctly (mainly vertical images)
- Ensure you’re linking your pins correctly
- Have CTA on your blog to have your audience pin a post
- Understanding your insights and analytics and looking at your repins
- Planning for future content (fun fact, we’ll be introducing our very own Pinterest Planner within Planoly this fall!)
- Claim your profile with Instagram and YouTube
Strategizing on Instagram
- Ensure you’re making your caption engaging and are using the right hashtags
- Ensuring your images are on-brand and authentic
- Have a call to action, tagging, locations, and using tools within Stories like link-in-bio/swipe up
- Engaging with your audience before and after you post
- Create Stories that practice actual storytelling and are engaging with IG Stories’ interactive stickers
- Plan your content ahead of time via Planoly to see if it is all on-brand and cohesive for your grid
- Understand your analytics and let them guide your content strategy in the future based on successes and missed-marks
“Plan your content ahead
of time via Planoly to see
if it’s all on-brand and
cohesive for your grid.”
Creating Success For Your Visual Content: A Timeline
Now that you know how to create a cohesive strategy on both platforms, it’s time to put that into work with this step by step timeline inspired by our friends at General Assembly with their Objective First Framework. With this timeline, you can create synergy through social that allows Pinterest and Instagram to work together and will ultimately help your brand grow.
Cross Promoting on Channels
Not only should you create original content for Pinterest and Instagram, but you can make it work long-term when you cross-promote with an intention for each platform. This doesn’t mean copy and paste exactly what was on Instagram and post straight to Pinterest. Here are a few ways that you can maximize your content for both platforms, along with your platform-specific content.
Instagram to Pinterest
- Repurposing your best-performing images for Pinterest and maximize with top-performing keywords
- Make your IG posts evergreen and repost during peak seasons
- Repurpose your instructional content and make them into visual tutorials and infographics on Pinterest
Pinterest to Instagram
- Stories inspiration roundup and create a highlight with Stories linking to your Pinterest
- Share your favorite people and boards to follow on Pinterest
- Share your boards for your audience to get inspiration from you
More Ways to Continue Elevating Your Content
The only way that you can continue elevating your content for both platforms is if you’re getting super cozy with your stats and analytics. Know the numbers, both good and bad, like the back of your hand, and you will be able to further tailor your content for what performs better on Instagram and Pinterest.
While you can draw inspiration from Pinterest and Instagram for future content & collaborations, sometimes the content that performs well on Instagram may not perform well on Pinterest. Pay attention to not only what content performs well, but also, who your exact audience is on each platform, so you know how to create content that resonates with them.
Keys to Pay Attention to on Instagram
- Age range
- Content performance and content interactions/engagement (both for Stories and feed)
- Saves and shares
Keys to Pay Attention to on Pinterest
- Top pins
- Link clicks
To go more into detail, make sure to watch the full webinar with Priscilla and Adriana below, and they go over all of the above and answer a few audience questions too!
If you missed last month’s webinar, be sure and mark your calendars for August 27th! We’ll be chatting on how to optimize your sponsored Instagram Stories with StoriesEdit! RSVP here!