Pinterest is one of the biggest game-changers to grow your audience on a blog or Instagram. When it comes to driving authentic and organic traffic back to your website, one of the best things you can do is incorporate a great Pinterest strategy.
Did you know a Pin is 100 times more spreadable than your average tweet? In case you aren’t currently using a Pinterest strategy as a leveraging marketing tool, this post is for you! There are many ways to strategize, share content, and maximize on Pinterest to drive the most traffic back to your site.
Pinterest is a high-engagement site, and several bloggers’ top engaging posts on their websites are coming from promotions on Pinterest. It boosts website views drastically and drives traffic not only back to your blog or website, but also to your social channels! All of this to say, Pinterest is amazing when it comes to generating traffic and boosting views on your website – it’s time to start maximizing on this tool ASAP.
There are 10 main ways to drive traffic back to both your blog & Instagram account via Pinterest.
Pinterest Strategy for Blog & Instagram Growth:
You must create a business account (if you haven’t already!), and verify or claim your website FIRST so that Pinterest will recognize your blog and Pins. Follow the steps below:
- Create Pinterest Boards. Create engaging Pinterest boards to easily separate your content by placing your Pins into their specific categories. (Example categories include: Style, Food + Drink, Beauty, DIY, etc.) This will make it easier for your followers to view the type of content that they’re searching for.
- Pin Your Content. Make sure your followers see all of your recent blog posts by saving new content directly to a designated Pinterest board. Pin from recent posts on your blog/website and Instagram as soon as they go live!
- Keep Creating Content. The more content you’re creating for Pinterest, the more visible your boards will be. Be active on the platform and Pin and share content often, so that you’re followers are seeing frequent activity across your Pinterest boards. This will give you more visibility on Pinterest.
- Connect Your Pinterest Account to Facebook & Instagram. Link your accounts to monitor analytics for your content that may already appear on Pinterest. You’ll also be able to get stats on each Pin, plus gain access to additional Pinterest features.
- Join a Pinterest Group Board. Collaborate with other influencers or brands by sharing each other’s content and driving additional traffic to one another’s site through the platform.
- Up your SEO Strategy. Pinterest serves as a search engine, so your SEO game needs to be on point. Focus on creating high-quality content for your readers through the use of your Pin quality, image quality, and domain quality.
- Focus on Your Copy Description + Text. The description and text on your Pin should explain what content you’re sharing. Does it easily speak to the image that you shared, and does it get the right point across to your readers? (Don’t forget to ask yourself these questions and include descriptive keywords!)
- Pin During Peak Times & Use Tools Like Pin Planner. Pin at specific times during the day when engagement is highest, and utilize tools like our latest Pin Planner to make it easy for you to plan and schedule your Pins throughout the day. This will allow you to share new content with your readers across the platform quickly.
- Enable Rich Pins on Your Account. Rich Pins work by pulling extra information from your blog or website directly to your Pins, so it’s great to enable them on your Pinterest Account. Rich Pins will also automatically transfer any updated info from your blog straight back to Pinterest!
- Add Plugins to Your Site. If your blog is currently hosted through WordPress, or even if it’s on another platform – it’s best to incorporate plugins on your site so that it will allow your Pinterest content to be easily visible to your readers. You can do this by creating a sidebar widget with all of your recent Pins.
We hope you enjoyed our tips for using a Pinterest strategy to grow your blog and Instagram. Now, what are you waiting for?! Start Pinning!
The PLANOLY app and web platform simplifies social media marketing by allowing you to visually plan, schedule, and analyze your Instagram and Pinterest content.