We are beyond excited to announce that PLANOLY has joined forces with Pinterest as an official Pinterest Partner to bring you our latest planning tool…PIN PLANNER! We’re simplifying social marketing by expanding to become not only a visual planning tool for Instagram but for Pinterest as well. Our mission is to help cultivate and empower brands and businesses to be more efficient with social marketing through our productivity tools. PIN PLANNER will help to better serve your Pinterest strategy needs by setting you up for future planning success! 300M people use Pinterest every month globally, so it’s essential to have a strategy on this platform. Continue reading to learn more about our exciting new tool!
People on Pinterest are constantly looking for daily inspiration to live their best lives. Leverage the power of Pinterest by strategizing your brand’s content or products to reach them! Here are some interesting facts: 77% of weekly Pinners have discovered a new brand or product on Pinterest; 98% report trying new things found on Pinterest; and 83% of weekly Pinners have made purchases based on content found from brands on Pinterest. Need we say more?!
What Is Our PIN PLANNER?
Our PIN PLANNER is a planning tool for your Pinterest content. Upload Pins, plan, and schedule in advance from the PLANOLY web dashboard. You can also review your Pin analytics for impressions, saves, and link clicks. See more about Pin Planner analytics below!
Where Can You Find It?
You can access our PIN PLANNER on your web dashboard when you go to ‘Switch Accounts’ on the top left navigation. Easily click on ‘Switch Accounts’ and you will see a new Pinterest tab. You can add and link a new Pinterest account and switch back and forth to your PIN PLANNER here.
Who Can Use It?
Our PIN PLANNER will be available as a free trial until October 31, 2019, for all accounts (whether you’re on a free or paid plan). The number of available social profiles on your paid plan will determine how many Pinterest accounts you can set up. You’ll also have unlimited uploads for all accounts under the PIN PLANNER free trial.
How Does It Work?
The PIN PLANNER has three tabs to view – library, scheduled, and published. Your Pins will show up in chronological order in your media library, so all of your newest scheduled Pins will show up in the left-hand corner from left to right and top to bottom. An important thing to note is that you can only access your analytics if you have a Pinterest Business Profile – click here to learn more.
We’ve included a step-by-step tutorial on how to upload and schedule your Pins below.
How to Plan Your Pins
- Click on the PIN PLANNER on your PLANOLY dashboard.
- You can either drag and drop content from your desktop to your PIN PLANNER dashboard or upload content by clicking on the plus (+) icon on the left planning bar.
- When your content is uploaded, you can click on any Pin to schedule. You can also drag a Pin directly onto your scheduling calendar to the desired date, and the schedule view will pop up.
- In the Schedule View, add in your Pin Title, Pin Description, and a Pin URL to drive traffic back to your site.
- Then, select a board for your Pin OR create a new board. When creating a new board, there’s also an option to make it a ‘secret board’ (simply turn on the ‘secret’ toggle!).
- Choose your desired date and time and click ‘SAVE’! Yay! You’ve just scheduled a Pin to your Pinterest account!
*PIN PLANNER Tip: Once a Pin is scheduled, it’ll move over to your SCHEDULED tab, and a light blue (S) icon will appear on the top left corner of the Pin. If a Pin has been published, it’ll move over to the PUBLISHED tab and have a grey detailed tab under it with your board information, day and time it was published as well as these three metrics: Impressions, Saves, and Clicks for each particular Pin.
How to Read Your Pinterest Metrics
Reading your Pin metrics is the best way to gain additional insight into the content that you’re creating and sharing. You can view metrics on all published Pins over the last 7 days, 60 days, or 90 days, and sort between a view of all Pins, your Pins created and saved by you, or other pins saved by others from your claimed accounts.
Understanding your Pinterest metrics is a vital part of making the most out of your Pinterest account. We’re going to dive into your top 3 Key Metrics below, and how to understand them.
PIN PLANNER Key Metrics
- Impressions: Impressions show the events for all Pins with the same image and link to your claimed domain. (Analyzing your impressions will allow you to see which Pins are performing better than others.)
- Saves: This metric allows for you to see the amount of times a specific Pin has been ‘saved’ by others as well as when a user on the platform “re-shares” or “re-Pins” content that has been created.
- Clicks: With link clicks, you can view the total number of times people on Pinterest have clicked through to the URL on your Pins.
metrics is a vital part
of making the most out
of your Pinterest account.”
PIN PLANNER Analytics
Apart from Impressions, Saves, and Clicks, you can unlock more insights by switching over to a Business Account on Pinterest, as mentioned above. This can be a huge help in your growth and overall strategy, so we highly recommend it!
With a Pinterest Business Profile, you’ll be able to dive deeper into your analytics. Not only will you be able to view impressions, saves, and clicks, but you’ll also have additional metric insights into the following: Your Audience, Detailed Content Data, and Board Overviews. With Audience metrics you’ll be able to see your total and engaged audience. With Detailed Content Data you’ll be able to see a detailed view on your Pins when it comes to impressions, saves, and clicks. And, with your Board Overview you’ll be able to analyze your boards, view all-time Pins, and view all-time followers.
Watch our IGTV tutorial here!
We can’t wait to share more of our Pin Planner with you and dive deeper into strategy, analytics, and top tips. (Stay tuned!!) In the meantime, follow along with our hashtag: #PlanolyPinPlanner for the latest news!