Hi everyone, Adriana here! Today, we’re going to talk about ways in which you can navigate the ins and outs of choosing the right partnerships and campaigns that work best for you and your brand. When it comes to accepting the right campaigns to collaborate on, I usually like to base my decision on a few specific guidelines and rules of thumb. Being an influencer in this ever-evolving space means knowing which campaigns to say yes to and which ones to say no to in order to stay relevant with your audience and maintain credibility for your brand. Finding a balance between sponsored and non-sponsored posts is essential so that the open slots for campaigns are worth your while. Below, I’m touching on five things always to ask yourself whenever you’re presented with campaign opportunities from brands. Thinking through these will ensure that you prep yourself before signing onto those campaigns. So, let’s go ahead and dive in!
Things to Ask Yourself When Accepting Campaigns:
- Does This Campaign Align with My Brand? – Is this partnership a direct reflection of my brand and what it stands for? Will my core beliefs and values resonate through this collaboration, or does it go against my usual content?
- Will My Audience Resonate with This Campaign? – How will my audience react to this campaign, and will they find it as a direct extension of my brand and previous campaigns that I’ve worked on? Or, is it out of the blue and non-relatable?
- How Will My Followers Respond to This Partnership? – Will this carry the same weight to my followers that it does to me. Will their response match mine and the response of others, and is this the type of content that they love seeing from me?
- Will This Open the Door to Other Like-Minded Opportunities? – Is this collaboration something that I can build on in the future, and will it lead to more opportunities with similar brands? Could this open the door to bigger and better partnerships?
- Can I Repurpose This Content? – Is this a campaign that I can repurpose and re-use at a later time? Will this campaign be relevant a few months from now or a year from now? Always make sure that the content you share on your website can be repurposed at a later time! (It’s a great writing strategy as well.)
Whenever you’re collaborating with a brand, you always want to make sure that you’re asking yourself the right questions beforehand so that the partnership remains authentic and organic. You wish for the partnership to be a great collaborative effort between both you and the brand, and you want each campaign that you accept to be something that rings true to who you are. By asking ourselves the questions above, we can weed out the campaigns that we should say no to, and find more great ones to say yes to that fully align with who we are and what we stand for.
For more tips on brand partnerships, head to our blog below: