Instagram’s new Multi-Post Feature is a pretty big deal, seeing as Instagram has previously only allowed users to upload one photo or video at a time. While it may seem like a small shift, this new feature will change the way grids look, how many photos are posted per day, and even the way users interact with their followers. Did you know you can now plan these posts and campaigns with Planoly (read here)?! Read on to discover our ideas and inspiration for you to incorporate Mutli-Posts into your workflow.
How to Incorporate Multi Photos and Videos
There are so many great ways to incorporate this feature into your feed and create more engagement with your followers. Whether you’re a brand, blog, or individual user – here creative ways to incorporate this fabulous new feature.
- Visual Storytelling: Showcasing a product or collaboration is now easier than ever, as you can create mini-campaigns in one post.
- Product Launch: Premiere a new product by highlighting its features through multiple photos and/or videos in one post.
- Tutorials and How-To: Explain how to use a product or feature by displaying images and giving step-by-step instructions on each image.
- Play with Video: Promoting a big event or new product launch? Incorporate teasers or clever videos to captivate your followers.
- Throwback or Albums: Share an album of your favorite old photos or memories for a fun Throwback Thursday post. You can also bunch your favorite photos from your vacation in one post rather than spamming everyone by posting each one separately.
- Ask Your Followers: Depending on your niche, you can post several images to get feedback from your followers on which one they like best! It’s a great way to up your engagement and create a dialogue with your audience.
- Split an Image: If you have a photo that doesn’t fit the size requirements of IG, you can split it into several images and share it with the multiple photo feature in one post!
PRO TIP: Use Planoly’s SPLITTER tool to split high res panoramic images for multi-post.
- Upload image
- Tap SPLITTER tool icon (left of MULTI icon below image preview)
- Choose split ratio
- Tap SPLIT (top right corner)
- Tap MULTI icon
- Tap UPLOAD and voila!
How Brands Use Multi Photos and Videos