Tis’ the season for holiday gramming!
It’s that time of year again where holiday content is quickly beginning to flow from your favorite brands, bloggers, and shops alike. Everyone is gearing up for the season by amping up their holiday promotions and offerings in an effort to make the most of the next three months ahead. And, a lot of those brands are doing it visually through Instagram Stories!
Today, we’re talking about how you can create Instagram Stories content for your brand during the holidays that POP and fully capture your audience’s attention! The holidays are the best time to get creative and have fun with your content, and what better way to do that than through Instagram Stories? One of the fastest-growing marketing tools out there!
DID YOU KNOW:
- Nearly 1.7 billion accounts use the Stories format daily.
- 500 million users now use Instagram Stories every day.
- 59% of brands link Instagram Stories to a shoppable page.
- Instagram Stories accounts for 34% of Instagram’s sponsored content.
- 1 in 4 Millennials and Gen Z-ers look for Stories of the products and services they want to buy.
For more stats on Instagram Stories, head to this blog post here: 21 + Incredible Instagram Stories Stats to Know in 2019.
Instagram Stories is a powerful marketing tool that’s only growing larger and larger by the second. With more small businesses, established brands and influencers are gravitating towards Stories every day to reach their audiences. It’s proven to be a crucial part of a company’s social media marketing strategy. The Holiday season is the best time to leverage yourself and your brand on Stories to further engage with your audience, drive sales, and promote new content. Let’s talk about a few key ingredients that you need to implement to create successful Holiday IG Stories this season.
4 Key Ingredients For Successful Holiday IG Stories:
- Have Engaging Content :
- Create thoughtful and engaging content that you know your audience will love. Allow for them to fully engage with your brand during the holiday season by including fun polls, interactive stickers, Q&A’s, behind the scenes, and more! The more personal you can get with them, the better the engagement you’ll have, and the more you’ll be able to grow and nurture your community!
- Enhance Your Imagery:
- Using templates from our StoriesEdit App is the best way to elevate your content during the holiday season. Integrate our beautifully designed templates and collections into your Stories to elevate your brand and imagery during the holidays. Add stickers, change the shapes and border colors, and include your own imagery when showcasing blog posts, sales, new products, and more.
- Tell a Visual Story:
- Draw your audience in by telling a visual story throughout your Instagram Stories. Afterall all, it is called Stories!! Some favorite accounts to follow that are so great with telling a visual story throughout the day are content creators like @ashleykane & @aliciamlund and brands like @dominomag & @anthropologie. They draw their audience through storytelling and by sharing glimpses of their every day, how they create their content, and behind the scenes action.
- Have a Specific Goal:
- Are you promoting a new product, amplifying a sale, or sharing an upcoming campaign? Having a clear picture as to how you want to utilize Stories this season is the best way to map out your holiday strategy. You can start by making a list of content that you want to create and draft up a few visual ideas.
- Connect with Your Audience:
- Connect with your audience through Stories by being quick to respond to comments, staying responsive to DM’s, and engaging through your Stories. Once you’ve created beautiful Stories, it doesn’t stop there! Respond to their questions and share poll results to show that you’re listening to your audience.
Brands to Watch:
The following brands below are great at creating IG Stories during the Holiday season. Take note to see how their marketing themselves on Instagram Stories.
- Nordstrom: Every holiday season, Nordstrom partners with influencers to spread the word about their annual Black Friday Sale. It’s one of the biggest times of the year for customers to shop their products, and by amplifying the sale through Instagram Stories, they’re able to draw more potential customers into shop! They also love sharing a look inside their yearly events, monthly happenings, and seasonal products. See below for more!
- Net-A-Porter: This well-loved brand loves to share new products and launches with its audience. They created a highlight tab on their Instagram solely for new products titled – ‘What’s New’ where they showcase all of their newness to customers. It’s the best way to get holiday shoppers excited about new products!
- Shopbop: Shopbop is constantly promoting their sales and beyond throughout the holiday season! They also love drawing their audience in through inspirational travels, what their employees are purchasing, and interactive video series like what’s in Caroline’s Cart – Shopbop’s Fashion Director.
- Anthropologie: Anthro is the best when it comes to getting their audience excited for the holidays! They’re constantly sharing their recent sales, new product launches, and holiday promotions with their followers on Instagram Stories.
We hope today’s post was beneficial in launching you in the right direction when it comes to creating Instagram Stories for your brand during the holidays. For more tips this season, make sure to keep an eye out on the blog!