Instagram has recently rolled out a new feature that allows you to post Sticker Q&A’s directly into your Live Instagram Stories to answer while your audience is watching. This is helpful because your viewers will be able to see which question you are answering and talking about. Additionally, it’s also super useful for anyone doing an Instagram Live because you can easily scroll through questions asked by your followers to answer throughout the IG Live video. We’ll go into more depth about this feature and how to use it – read on for more details!
How Q&A Works on Instagram Live
- The first step is to post a Question Sticker in your Instagram Story before going live on IG. *Planoly Tip: We suggest including text on your Question Sticker Story telling your followers that you’re about to go Live, and asking them to include their questions. You can also let them know if it’s a particular theme (i.e., skincare, makeup, fashion, cooking, etc.)
- Start your Instagram Live! You can wait a few minutes for people to ask questions, or go directly into it.
- Now it’s time to start answering questions! To see the questions, tap on the Question Mark button on the bottom of your screen.
- Scroll through the list of questions, and tap on one that you want to answer. It will instantly appear on the screen for all of your viewers to see the question you’re answering. (The questions are always anonymous so that nobody can see usernames).
- Additionally, you can share photos or videos from your camera roll while doing an IG Live! Simply tap on the photo thumbnail on the bottom right of your screen to share.
What are your thoughts on this new Q&A feature? We personally love it, as it’s a great way to connect with followers and make your audience feel more included. Questions can often get lost in the mix of comments while on Instagram Live, so it’s a helpful tool to make sure that you’re answering what you want to and not missing anything!