The holidays mean cozy sweaters, hot cups of coffee, snow angels, quality time with friends and family, crisp weather, gift buying, and lots of baking. This time of year always has a magical feel to it. The holidays are officially here, and we’re ready to dive right into the festivities. That’s why we’re giving you some fabulous inspiration for fun and unique opportunities to treat yourself and embrace this season.
1. Host a dinner party and make a delicious new cocktail for everyone. We’re loving this fall inspired cocktail recipe.
2. Go to a new exercise class that you’ve never tried before. We’ve heard SoulCycle is good for the soul and body.
3. Visit a winery or brewery with your friends.
4. The holidays can get stressful. Treat yourself to a massage!
5. Try a new restaurant or bar you’ve never been to.
6. Have a DIY night and make these adorable (and easy) pumpkins.
7. Cook a delicious and unique treat. We’re loving this recipe for Black Mission Fig Clafoutis, which is a pancake-like French dessert, topped with port-infused whipped cream.
8. Buy a new planner for the new year! Ban.do has the most adorable planners to keep you organized and stylish.
9. Go ice-skating.
10. Go to your local shelter and walk a few of the dogs. Or better yet – foster a dog or cat!
11. Start your Christmas shopping list early and start brainstorming on gifts for your loved ones.
12. Make pumpkin doughnuts. Try this healthy version for Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Cinnamon Glaze. Yum!
13. Splurge on a new pair of fall boots. The Everygirl has a great list of affordable pairs here.
14. Add a sassy leather jacket to your wardrobe. Glitter Guide rounded up a great selection to simplify your shopping – all of them are under $200!
15. Write a letter to someone you love whether it’s a friend or family member, and mail it to them.
16. Go window shopping and admire all the holiday windows. Anthropologie always has the best windows!
17. Start making Christmas decorations early. These pineapple ornaments are so cute!
18. Attend a local festival.
19. Go on a road trip and explore a new place (maybe even catch the fall foilage)!
20. Start a thankfulness journal and write down everything you’re thankful for every day.